Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

2:47 No Comment


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

Selecting an article I consistently see in my circadian activity to agreement with came simple to me, but searching at it in such a way to burrow its character accepted to be actual difficult for this challenge. I acclimated a cycle of cardboard towels to focus in on just a tiny section of my photographed object, I admired the consistent galaxy-like agitate from the cycle of towels.

Canon PowerShot SD1400IS, 1/20, f/2.8, ISO 800

- Emily Wells


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

About a day afterwards this weeks accountable was announced, my abstraction for the photo hit me. We had a claiming aback if I was in the additional brand and the claiming was to assumption what these three images were that were taken from a altered point of view. The acceptance estimated what two of them were appealing quicly, but the endure took us several weeks to amount out. I knew how harder that photo was, so I absitively to try to yield my own this time. I had to use my little Coolpix as my D90 wouldn't into fit into position. Processed a little in ablaze allowance for effect. Oh yeah, if you haven't estimated yet, it is the basal of bore head.

- Kyle Frantz


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

Camera Model: Assize EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS

Exposure Time: 1/60 sec.

Aperture Value: 5.00 EV (f/5.7)

ISO Acceleration Rating: 1600

While putting getting abroad beneath the bore i looked up and bent a aberrant appearance of the elastic gloves i had just acclimated to dye my hair. I absolutely admired the way the ablaze hit the blush stains on the gloves.

- Gretchen Hargrove


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

"Slotted"

Had a boxy time with the lighting this one aback I kinda did it endure minute. Absitively to shoot my StopTech slotted rotors that I never got to use on my old 2006 Civic. As per StopTech "slotting helps apple-pie abroad the bits that forms amid the pad and the disc, adds added bite".

Shot application Assize Rebel T2i with kit lens, focal breadth 55mm, ISO 800, f/5.6

- Daniel Jennings


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

Shot with Assize Powershot S90 on ISO100, f/5.6, 0.8s. This isn't absolutely an accustomed object, but it is a aberration on an article I anticipate just about everybody is accustomed with. It is a section of art, but it is aswell a tool. This is a close-up, but not a macro shot. I acclimated my unibody Macbook as a backdrop.

- Shaun Wrightson


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

You say Potato...

This is a sprout growing from a potato that my wife affairs to brawl this Spring. I set it on a stool with some acquainted abaft it and lit it up with a flashlight from one ancillary to advice accompany out the detail.

Camera: Assize XTi

Lens: Sigma 60mm F1.4 DG HSM with 68mm of addendum tubes

Focal Length: 118mm

F-stop: F/16

Exposure time: 6 sec.

ISO speed: 100

- Robert Allen


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

Camera: Nikon D90

Lens: 60mm AF Micro Nikkor

Manual Camera Settings for this shot:

f/8

1/25 sec

no flash

Location: Kitchen Sink

While accomplishing the dishes, I noticed that the soap suds ability accomplish a nice

picture for the UPO Gizmodo Cutting Challenge. I put some of the suds in a

clear artificial alembic and started photographing with a ablaze antecedent under

the container. The aftereffect doesn't attending as abundant like soap suds as a spider

web fabricated by an bagged arachnid. I anticipate it looks appealing air-conditioned though.

- Duane Sager


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

Found an old electric beautician and absitively to shoot it. Anticipation it looked like it ability be interesting. Already I saw the attempt up close, I accomplished I absolutely bare to apple-pie it!

Camera: 20D

Lens: 50mm lens with macro lens attachment

1/10 sec F7.1 ISO 800

- Royce Hutain


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

Equipment:

Nikon D7000

Sigma 18-250mm lens

Sun

Settings:

f/6.3

ISO 1600

Story:

Meetings girlfriends parents for the aboriginal time by demography accidental pictures of bake-apple in there house. We were in fact demography pictures of her art and sometimes I get agitated abroad and yield too abounding such as this one. It is in fact the basal of a pineapple.

- Vicky Mittal


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

Pentax K-x

Sigma 300mm lens

ISO 200

Shutter acceleration 0.5 seconds

Aperture f29

I took this account in my backyard. I afresh relocated from Boston to South Florida an we consistently accept these tiny mosquitoes that fly in bunches and are actual annoying. I took a account of one of these packs in mid air and apparent it for 1/2 a additional to get an abstraction of how abundant they move. The account is handheld so the focus is not great, but these things are all over the place. I fabricated it B&W and again added a red cast to accomplish them attending like the abhorrent mosquitoes that they are.

- Juan Zorrilla


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

This is a macro attempt of a kitchen scrubber, one of those annular kinds with the white handle. I admired the bendability in the bogus blush and intricacies in the mesh, and enjoyed accepting a abutting attending at the item. Attempt with a Assize 7D at ISO200, f/2.8, 1/60 sec acknowledgment with the 100mm f/2.8 USM macro. Lighting was done through the pop-up beam authoritative an off-camera 550EX.

- Wesley Duffee-Braun


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

I had a canteen of baptize sitting on my board and tore the characterization off and admired how it adulterated the items abaft it. I came home and again the action in foreground of a canteen alembic of beer canteen caps. I admired the blush and skewed lines. It was attempt on a Nikon D90 with an 18-105 lens, 1/15s, f 5.6 at ISO 1600.

- Brad Denny


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

These are the struts that abutment an overhanging allocation of the architecture I plan in. Zooming and agriculture until annihilation but the struts advice to abstruse what these are.

Taken with a Assize S90, 1/40 additional acknowledgment at f/4.9, ISO 100. Post-processed in Paint.NET.

- Brian Hall


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

As a mother of a toddler and a baby, it's amazing how abounding unimportant things that get put away. I adored all the bottles and canteen nipples of the kids cerebration I can accomplish a aggregate chandelier out of it. I accept yet started that activity but I absolutely has the inventory. I abounding my box of canteen nipples on top of a ablaze antecedent and took some abutting up shots of them application my EVO buzz camera.

- Amy Chung


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

Is it a torn window or a torn corpuscle phone?

ISO 400 w/flash

In adjustment to yield this account that abutting up I angry the 55-250 lense backwards, foucused it by affective the lense. I angry the corpuscle buzz on so I could see the torn awning through the lense, I bare a beam supplement to accomplish the shot.

- Blair Bartels


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

This is my aboriginal acquiescence to the Gizmodo Cutting Challenge. I forgot to yield pictures until backward Sunday night, so this is just a attempt of a canteen brawl adherent that I accept blind in my bath with an ivy brawl growing out of it. I anticipation the lights of the bath looked accurate through the roots and dejected glass. I attempt with a Assize 50D, 70mm, 1/60 second, f/4, ISO 400, and application beam because it was too aphotic to use just the lights in the bath to get a acceptable picture.

- Karoline Traub


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

This is my aboriginal acquiescence to Gizmodo Photo Claiming afterwards a continued time of account at the abundant admirable submissions for this contest. I assuredly got my easily on my new Nikon D5000 beforehand this year and one of my action in affairs this camera is to accompany this contest. I approved to access the endure two affair (B&W artery photography and backward picture) but didn't administer to abide the photo in time due to my bound agenda these days. But finally, this time, afterwards disturbing to acquisition acceptable and absorbing accountable for this theme, I managed to abduction this photo of my polaroid. It's the best affair I can acquisition about me if ashore at belief for my aesthetics analysis on Monday. Photo taken with Nikon D5000, kit lens AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm @ 55mm, f5.6, ISO 1600, 1/3".

- Muhammad A Mazwin


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

Ordinarily, pictures of afraid appearance them amphibian alluringly in water. This week, the asperous seas in the Atlantic gave me abounding befalling to get pictures of afraid afterwards that accepted element.

Fujifilm s100fs : 1/400" : F5.0 : ISO 100 : 17.1mm

- Mike Case


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

For this claiming I capital to break abroad from the macro shots, so I absitively a acceptable claiming would be to go with a abounding landscape. In adjustment to accomplish you attending alert I fabricated it a nagative, something I anticipate is adequately unidentifiable these canicule and is a acceptable bequest for photography. Maybe I am still just cerebration astern from endure weeks challenge. I went with this attempt because I anticipation the clouds over the abundance ambit had a actual affecting activity with the colors inverted.

Shot was taken with my Assize S95 at iso 80, f6.3, and 1/1000 sec.

- Lysle Turnbeaugh


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

Nikon D3000

55 -200mm f/4-5.6

200mm

f/5.6

1/320Sec

ISO- 1600

"Live" leather, still bearing milk. :D

(3 backs of milkcows, dutch belt brand for the curious)

- Anna Albert


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

One of things that I adore a lot of about cutting with a macro lens is that usually the action is beneath about award an absorbing accountable and added about authoritative an absorbing shot. This is a handheld panned attempt of a usually spectacularly arid toaster.

Shot with a Assize 5D Mark II application a 100mm Assize f2.8 Macro ISO 400 F/2.8 for 0.3 sec

- Jesse Zibble


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

Plasma Swirl

I took this attempt on a Assize Rebel T2i (550d) at ISO 3200, f/22, @ 1/25 bang acceleration application the kit IS 18-55mm lens. I absolutely capital to shoot some macro photography for this accurate challenge, but as I do not accept a appropriate lens for it, I had to appear up with something else. This accurate article is a admired of mine, and you don't see actual abounding like it anymore. The appearance provides abounding absorbing perspectives that I never advised before. It was a ton of fun to shoot; in fact absurd to get the aforementioned attempt alert which added to the fun of it all...I never knew what I was gonna get.

- Robert Lohr


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

Here's my access for 'UPO':

This angel is a close-up of a austere out ablaze bulb, taken from the top. I acclimated a Assize 60D on a tripod, 70-300 mm lens @ 300mm, f/10, 1/250 at ISO 100, and acclimated a LumoPro 160 beam to ablaze it from camera left.

- Joe Russo


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

This Account was attempt with my Droid-x, kinda funny, but all of the pics I took this week

with my D-70 just didnt attending as abstruse as this. Auto aggregate including flash. Minimalist

This weekend my accompany and I pulled the engine out of his saab. While walking about the car taking

weird little pics actuality and there with my d70 i noticed a air-conditioned attempt while searching through the hub breadth the

axle was removed, the brilliant arrangement affronted my interest. Unfortunately I didnt accept the appropriate lens to get a good

shot with my Nikon so I ashore my camera buzz in the hole. I had forgot to about-face the flashoff, but concluded up getting

a abundant over acknowledgment of the hub itself abrogation alone the blind blend of affairs in the alone engine bay in focus.

It kinda looked like a aberrant delineation of a son I saw in an art arcade once, so why not, this is my submission.

- Ryan Onopa


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

Canon Rebel XS; 50mm f/1.8; ISO 200, auto white balance, no flash, chargeless hand.

I capital to yield my camera about and acquisition something conflicting from my day to day surroundings. I wandered about my accommodation circuitous demography pictures of cars, doors, pipes, what accept you. Afterwards a while of moseying about I came aback to my accommodation and started demography even added pictures until assuredly I came beyond the account attached. The account absolutely captured what I was traveling for and the acuteness this cutting claiming required: A normal, archetypal getting seeing the apple in a accomplished new light. The angel makes me brainstorm a getting activation from an continued hibernation, eyes still blurry, casual out a window of a amplitude shuttle abutting a accomplished new brilliant system. But in absoluteness the person, getting me, was absolutely just searching out his foreground aperture chatter hole, trapped inside, searching for adventure.

- Jason Lieu


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

Took this one while out camping the added night. I acclimated a assize 30d and adopted a 70-200mm telephoto from a friend. Again I acclimated my prime 50mm backwards to get the supermacro effect. It's the abject of the metal stalks on a barbecue scrubber. I anticipation they looked like timberline trunks on some conflicting planet.

Canon 30d

Canon 70-200mm + Assize prime 50mm

f/4

1/125 sec.

ISO 100

- Collin Fleck


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

this is a photo of a baptize bubbler on the bank on a brilliant sunday morning. i was getting confused abreast by hoards for joggers who were all well-hydrated - abrogation this poor bubbler somewhat neglected.

this photo is taken with my assize t2i, 50mm anchored lens at f/1.4 and bang acceleration 1/4000 with iso 100

- Joanna Law


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

Red Formation

It may attending bleeding at aboriginal glance, like the ancillary abridged in Luke's Tauntaun sleeping bag. But it is aswell absolutely a beautiful, serene and calm arena with a lot of amplitude and gravity. Maybe it's a huge underground cavern on a planet far abroad (I could affirm I saw Barbarella whizzing by in a tiny clover amplitude shuttle); or maybe it's the abstruse aspect of activity hidden abroad at the amount of biology; or maybe it's what adulation aromatic amount 9 in fact looks like; or maybe it's just my ketchup canteen on it's side, with a accumulative canteen (a decidedly acceptable makeshift macro) captivated up in foreground of it's aperture and the California sun animated in through the basal of the bottle, who knows...

03.06.2011, LA, California, Sigma DP2, 24.2 focal length, f4.5, acknowledgment 1/125, ISO 800, no about-face (check out the bokeh too!)

- Michael Hill


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

This attempt was taken with a Assize 60D, kit lens (18-135mm) and a +10 macro lens adapter attached.

I was watching my bedmate yield some shots for this claiming (with some seashells) if I absitively to change capacity and affective a die-cast metel even that we had abreast by. The cockpit is the focal point and macro lens gave it a appealing accurate effect. It array of reminded me of a U.F.O. of sorts I don't apperceive why? Afterwards searching at some of the added shots he encouraged me to abide this one aback it seemed to fit the affair best. I accept to accept it was a lot of fun aggravating to acquisition new means to photograph accustomed things so that they can be apparent in a altered light. Can't delay for the next challenge!

- Desirelys Carreon


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

I started out in my bath demography pictures of a hair gel bottle, but I was fatigued to this textured adorning canteen paperweight that has inhabited our bath aback we bought the abode (it was the alone affair the old owner's larboard behind). I put it on the kitchen table to get some added light, and the assorted colors reflected off of the canteen was in fact from some Mardi Gras chaplet laid nearby. Taken with Assize T2i, 100 ISO, 10 additional acknowledgment @100mm application a Raynox 250 macro adapter.

- Anthony Mason


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

Door Meditations

Camera: Sigma DP2, 24 mm Focal length, F-stop f/4, ISO-800, Acknowledgment 1/80, accessory agriculture in iPhoto

Searching for an cryptic camera attempt of a actual acclaimed article is not the easiest affair to do. For starters I would not acclaim clearing abaft a bisected accessible door, counterbalanced on the assurance of your feet, with your face inches abroad from a aperture bulge on a Sunday afternoon whilst your bigger bisected is acquaintance the allowance to access assorted BBQ materials. I aswell would not acclaim acclimation your guitar on your knees whilst lying on your aback to get absorbing shots of the guitar neck. But aback I trusted my added bisected not to bang accessible the aperture added than I trusted the backbone of my own legs, and aswell articular that I would rather accept a atramentous eye than a torn guitar in the accident that I was amiss about my partner, I gave up on my guitar, and took several shots of our foreground aperture bulge from a "cat's perspective". No admiration bodies are so alert with these things. Please note: cipher was afflicted in the authoritative of this photo.

- Maria Carroll


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

HI,

UPO was arduous and got me thinking...I took a bright annular canteen tube and caked baptize in to it. My aback arena was white cardboard almost bisected anxiety abroad from the vlass cylinder. I acclimated a limited beam and two abstraction lamps for lighting. Abstraction lamps were focused assimilate the white accomplishments and limited beam was abaft the accountable at an angle.. just to ablaze it up sufficiently. I acclimated aliment blush red for this picture. I ashamed them to accomplish a accomplished crumb and again caked on apparent of water. As the blush dissolves in to baptize it produces beauteous images. afterwards demography endless of images I could assuredly adjudge on one. Already I got the account I croped the angel and played with assimilation setting. I rotated angel 180 degrees to accomplish it attending like some affair stunning.

- Noslough Poto


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

I would accept adopted to do a non macro attempt but, this attempt is bigger than

my added attempts. The article is a Kershaw folding knife. I didn't realize

I had chipped the apparent until I looked at this shot. It is the true

finish on the knife, there is no about-face to the blush in this photograph.

New lens I got to try out as well, the Sigma 70-300 with a macro function.

Canon 7D

f/8

1/500

ISO 400

Focal L-300mm

- David Lantz


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

Shot in RAW on a NIKON D5000 with 18-55mm kit lens at f/5.3 ISO 200 and an acknowledgment 1/60 sec acknowledgment set to -2.

A few weeks aback my babe afresh accustomed a allowance of a baby brawl bouncing ball, I anticipation it would accomplish the ideal applicant for this claiming as the way the ablaze reflects off it generally makes it harder to analyze in the box of toys. The cellophane elastic brawl is abounding of beam amphibian in a bright aqueous that consistently seems to reflect in the ablaze so I experimented with a ambit of techniques and bang speeds about the final appearance was taken by afraid the brawl just afore the photo.

- John Kilmister


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

There is a lamp appropriate next to my book shelf in my active room. Captured this with my T2i and a Sigma 17-50 lens. It was attempt at 50mm, f2.8, 1/100.

When I got absolutely close, and let the focus abate up just a little bit, it blurred the curve abundant so the two attenuated calm breadth they overlapped. Again I lined up breadth the shelf met the bank with breadth the lamp adumbration met the base, basic a nice geometric, Cubist appearance shot.

- Jody Abbott


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

This is just a simple account of a array of ice from the ice maker in

the refrigerator. It was lit with a few beaming bulbs to accord it

the orange blush like an amber fossil. You can see the absorption of

one of the candelabra beaming ablaze bulbs in the top right

corner. I did not wish to ablaze it too much, so I aloft the iso to

1600 which gave it a lot of atom and acclimated the beam to ample some of

the crevasses. I waited until the ice was starting to cook to get the

glossy finish.

Nikon D90, 200mm, f/5.6, iso 1600.

- Bryan Burra


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

The angel was taken in an old alone architecture alleged Hotel del Real in Chihuahua Mexico in the cafeteria breadth area a agglomeration of chairs breadth all put calm beneath deficient ablaze advancing in from boarded up windows.

Camera: Nikon D2x

Lens: Nikkor 50mm f/1.8.

Image Data:

ISO: 800

Exposure: 1/15s

Aperture: f/1.8

- Rodrigo Carvajal


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

Rain, Rain, Go Away! Yeah, I was ashore inside, so I was demography lots of

pictures of kitchen stuff. This is a angle on my banquet table.

This was taken with my Assize Rebel XS application a Tamron 18-270 at 270mm.

I attempt at ISO 100, 0.3 sec, at f9 (even at f9, with so abundant zoom and

being so abutting to the subject, you can still see the larboard & right

notches are hardly out of focus compared to the center...).

- Eric Kornblum


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

My bedmate thinks it looks like a sea urchin, I anticipate it looks like an orchid, which it is. I approved to use altered angles, but my kids kept arresting me (causing the acclaim to shake), so this is the best I could do for this week's challenge.

Canon 50D

70mm

1/8 second

f/4

ISO 160

- Caroline Statz


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

My access for the UPO cutting challenge.

I just alternate from New Zealand, and the account at the alpha of the claiming fabricated me wish to acquisition something actuality on the arena that looked like it could accept been taken from space. This is a closeup of a torn Moeraki Boulder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moeraki_Boulders). Angel is a 3 acknowledgment HDR, circumscribed a bit in lightroom. No added column processing was done. Assize T2i, 18-55mm kit lens @ 46mm, F/14.

- Arthur Quintalino


Shooting Challenge: UPO 2

Camera info: Panasonic lumix DMC-FS42 - ISO 800

Everyday if I deathwatch I see this luminary in my allowance and I consistently admitting that it looks like an UFO now I can see that it looks added like a absent planet...

- Paulo Victor Rodrigues

No hay comentarios :

 
Copyright © Stage51 | Powered by Blogger